We had another great meet last night! As a team, we placed 2nd and beat out Sunflower League team, Shawnee Mission Northwest. We have lots to celebrate as we add more accomplishments and “OW firsts” to our season.
Here are some highlights:
- Aidan Rafols PR’ed in Diving for the season! He had the exact same dive list as his practice mate from OS and did a great job!
- Our 400 Free Relay dropped 10 seconds (their last time swimming was at SMS on 12-9-20) and earned a State Consideration time (a first in OW history)! Holten Starnes’ relay lead-off also earned him a State Consideration time in the 100 Free!
- Holten Starnes also earned his State Qualifying time in the 100 Fly with a 56.94
- Brian Letcher led the team in individual points with a total of 25 points – 2nd place in the 500 Free and 3rd place in the 200 Free
- Alexander Stone and Aidan Mathieu both dropped about 2 seconds each in the 100 Breast to take 2nd and 3rd place, respectively
- Foster Schillinger dropped another second on his 100 Back – he and Alexander Stone are only about 2 seconds away from State Consideration in the 100 Back & 100 Breast – these Freshmen are killing it!
- Everett Kuchinskas stepped up to the plate and swam with the Varsity boys in both the 200 Free and 400 Free relays
- Jacob Maul celebrated his last meet of the season with lots of PR’s. We’ll miss you, Jacob!
- 200 Free: Brian Letcher
- 200 IM: Alexander Stone
- 50 Free: Caleb Greer, Troy Pierce, Tanner Jackson, Michael Maffitt, Ayden Jones, Josiah Strohm
- 100 Fly: Holten Starnes, Troy Pierce
- 100 Free: Everett Kuchinskas, Greyson Lyman, Jacob Maul, Ayden Jones, William Quinn, Quin Rezek, Holten Starnes (lead-off for 400 Free Relay A), Brian Letcher (lead-off for 400 Free Relay B)
- 500 Free: Brian Letcher, Connor Shepard
- 100 Back: Foster Schillinger, Noah Damewood
- 100 Breast: Alexander Stone, Aidan Mathieu, Jacob Maul, Tyler Wrye
- 400 Free Relay A: Starnes, Shepard, Dreiman, Greer
As we near the end of our regular season, we need to remain focused on both individual and team goals. Keep the positive thoughts and mindset going and we’ll keep shaving off time! Next week we have two meets, on Tuesday, Jan. 26th we’ll be at Summit Trail against Olathe North and SMW; on Friday, Jan. 29th we’re celebrating Senior Night with our last home meet of the season against Olathe North and SMN.